Step 1: Logging In
Notes: Login at www.roccoborghese.com/wp-admin when the website is live.
Step 2: Adding Portfolio Categories
Step 3: Adding Images to the Media Library
1. Although the images in the website were transferred from the old website with the numbers they had, it would be advisable with new photographs to name them ‘Item Name Featured Image’, ‘Item Name 2’, ‘Item Name 3’, etc. to allow easier searching.
2. Before adding to the website it is advisable to re-size the images in PhotoShop or equivalent so the maximum width is 1000 pixels. This will help loading times
3. You can add the photographs when you are adding the portfolio pages if you prefer.
4. See notes on Featured images below.
Step 4: Adding Portfolio Pages by Duplicating
1. Published portfolios are visible on the website, Draft versions are not. Drafts are the portfolios we didn’t select.
2. When setting up portfolio pages it is probably easier to duplicate one of the live (Published) posts. If you do this then the code for the form and ENQUIRE NOW text will be there. You will also have the format for adding the correct information to the details and are unlikely to miss anything. Some of the items have missing information such as Materials used, Lighting, etc. so it is worth setting up a template page to copy that has everything you want, then duplicating this one.
3. The Featured image is the one that appears on the Portfolio category page or the homepage of the website
4. The Order value goes from 0 (zero) to the number of portfolio items – currently around 367. For an item to appear on the homepage make the number high.